TAKE 5Posted on February 27, 2019 By MG & SL
Check it out! We interviewed a 36 year experienced mulching contractor and got the insider tips. So here are 5 tips to help YOU increase your skid steer mulching productivity!
1. Common sense = Common Cents. By utilizing your mulcher safely, you are increasing your bottom line. Remember you are trying to make dollars not become Instagram famous! Don’t be that guy, keep your mulcher on the ground, gravity doesn’t care where you are! Don’t take unnecessary risks.
2. Daily Maintenance = Saves you $$$! Keeping your beaver teeth sharp and properly rotated is crucial. Not only does it help increase the lifespan of your beaver teeth, but it also increases your production!
3. Keepin’ it clean. Take time to inspect your skid steer, it’s the foundation of the mulching operation. Inspect your oil, filters, surrounding work area, nuts and bolts before starting to mulch.
4. Work Smarter Not Harder. Don’t get stuck in a rut! Don’t waste production time, remulch while you reset for the next cut. This will help keep the area tidy saving you time later.
5. “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” – Benjamin Franklin Have a plan for what you will do and stick to it!